Jack Herer From Golden State Patients Association (LDog)
The late, great, Jack Herer. One of my favorite pick me up strains, but this sample that LDog picked up sounds a little atypical as far as effects go.
Jack Herer is among my favorite strains and this cut from Golden State was a stony shocker. I was hooked up with a large airy nug that I later disassembled. The smaller nugs are colored a lite evergreen tone with milky amber frost spread over the semi-dense bubbling calyxes which unfurl short thread like dark rusty orange hairs. From the feel of the nugs, it seemed as if they were a little dry, but when I broke them down there was no major loss of trichomes.
This Jack has a heavy dose of sweet cream in the smell, which also has subtle hints of ammonia, pine, and an even softer hint of skunk in the finish. I split a nug in half and the sweet creaminess of the aroma was louder and it was joined by a family of sugar coated skunks that had their tails dipped in ammonia. I was really feeling the inner nugs odor and was ready to medicate.
I loaded up the near crisp buds in a few twists and medicated, but I had to cut my hits short because the bowl had cherried up in an instant, filling my piece up with yellow smoke. The first rip was extremely creamy in texture and tasted of coffee before a sweet creamy, skunk, and ammonia taste came rolling in.
The flavor finished on a sweet note with a little bit of tea lingering in the lungs afterward. The smoke was smooth but left some soot on the lips, which wasn’t a big deal. I cashed the bowl in the next two hits and the flavor took on a more coffee-like facade that still had the sweetness to it, but it was faint. An ash check showed a good flush as the bowl was filled with white ash.
This is where I was a little taken back, as I was expecting an uplifting cerebral stone. Instead of feeling uplifted, I was washed over by a strong bloated head stone that seemed to stretch throughout my body, making me feel a little off balance and cloudy in my thoughts. The heavy trippy stone made time pass by slowly and my body was filled with a numbing tingle that sat me down on the couch, which was a trip.
The effects are heavier and seem to have an Indica kick that had me chilling. I didn’t make it far from the couch before returning to relax. After these effects peak, the mind will start to fire on all cylinders and become more responsive and focused. There is a little putter in the mind during the comedown to go along with some minor lag in the body. Over-indulging in this strain may have you burnt at the end.
1 hour 45 minutes.
This cut of Jack was more of a hybrid and definitely made me take a few steps back with its heavy stone. The heavy amber in the trichomes is responsible and I was NOT prepared for the serious stone that had me chilling on the couch instead of being productive and active like I usually do when medicating with Jack Herer. The flush was good and so was the flavor, but the smell could have been stronger. This was some DANK and I will give this a shot at night time to see if it helps me get to sleep. –LDog
Collectives carrying "Jack Herer":
Recent Sativa Reviews:
Meet The TEAM
- You are kidding right?? i would'nt let a dog hit that. If you want to see shatter flake check ... TjZ2G
- Woot woot the HumCoast review is finally in the house!!!! Awesome job on the descriptions YO and goo ... TinaToker
- And thanks for the compliments Tokeahontas and Mac! I meant for 5 pics, but I was heaving tech diff ... HumCoast
- Update: since I wrote this review, I went back and found out the truth. The fake Chem Dog they carr ... HumCoast
- Nice pics excellent review What's up with clubs miss labeling stuff MACVISHION
- Deathstar Hard Sap – Homemade (Mike-420)
- Silver Haze X Lavender Honeycomb – Homemade (Mike-420)
- Trainwreck Taffy – Homemade (Mike-420)
- Loompa Farms Exclusive Underdogg OG Peanut Butter Ear Wax Run by Kushits From Dabliveries (BipolarHighRoller)
- Jack Herer in Jack Herer Honey Oil From The Green Flash (Flintsfinest)