Master Lavender From Golden State Patients Association (LDog)
Some beautiful pictures of an interesting cross!
Sometimes I get in the mood for a KUSH and on my latest trip to GS I satisfied my Kush tooth and swooped up some Master Lavender. There were some behemoth nugs in the jar but I didn’t get one of those beauties. I did get a few decent nugs to medicate with. The nugs are leafy and colored a deep evergreen tone with thin orange hairs emerging throughout the leaves.
Since the nugs are dark green the frosting of milky trichomes stands out more making the nug looks brighter and extremely icy, chains might be required on this icy road. Anyways, the nugs are not dense and have some give to them and the nugs are also a touch dry, which made the trichomes bust off when I broke up the nugs. I had to handle the nugs carefully to not end up with kief fingers.
This cross has a soft earthy smell with a kick of pine and coffee giving the aroma some body. The smell is soft and even when I cracked a nug in half the smell only gained a little bit of steam, leaving me a little deflated at the lack of smell. The jar at the shop was filled with that deep earthy kush odor that I was craving, but my nugs weren’t as fragrant.
I loaded up my slide carefully and heated up the wand to medicate. The buds cherried up but then went out quickly, which seemed unusual, as dry buds like this tend to cherry up too much and produce yellow smoke. I didn’t mind that much and inhaled a very Kush-laden smoke that tasted like the smell, having an earthy, pine, and coffee flavor. The coffee had a little sprinkle of mint in it and the finish carried a more earthy pine flavor.
I checked the ash and it was still black, so I went in for another rip and the flavor was the same only the coffee flavor became tart and bitter… kind of like burnt popcorn. I checked the ash after the hit and saw that it was barely turning grey. I gave the bowl one more rip and afterwards the ash was still dark grey with a few patches of light grey. So I guess this batch didn’t get a thorough flush.
The effects arrive gently and infiltrate the body at a slow pace, taking up to 10 minutes to deliver a mellow relaxed state with very little head effects. My mind was chill and I did seem to be in a great mood but there was no head change that let the head know I was medicated. It is the body that takes the brunt of the effects.
I wake-n-baked with this and my body was feeling groovy, but there was still some muscle tension in my back and shoulders that the effects didn’t totally take care of. The feeling of fluidity is the best way to describe the body high. So after about an hour of feeling sly and happy, the body effects lift, leaving the body feeling just fine with very little lag. The happy head buzz also vanishes and leaves the mind feeling clear and alert but not active.
1 hour and 20 minutes.
This Master Lavender was legit but just a few points short of dankness. The buds were a touch dry and leafy, the smell and aroma could have been stronger, and the flush could have been performed better. It’s not like this was bad, it was good, but Ldog expects a little more from Golden State. I hope the next batch will show improvements. –LDog
Collectives carrying "Master Lavender":
Recent Indica Reviews:
Meet The TEAM
- Damn those are some FIRE pictures!! totally TopRank photos, What did you do put some cheese in a Con ... Cloud954
- Wow. To tell the Truth I found all but two good strains that had me on one in Jamaica. Others were G ... cannabag
- Glad to see that it fit's your TopRank standards. You are exactly right in your Miami review, R ... CaliOC
- Seen a couple samples of this strain, this was fire though WASHINGTON
- I'm not familiar with this strain whatsoever but as soon as I saw it, I knew there had to be ei ... Jerry
- Deathstar Hard Sap – Homemade (Mike-420)
- Silver Haze X Lavender Honeycomb – Homemade (Mike-420)
- Trainwreck Taffy – Homemade (Mike-420)
- Loompa Farms Exclusive Underdogg OG Peanut Butter Ear Wax Run by Kushits From Dabliveries (BipolarHighRoller)
- Jack Herer in Jack Herer Honey Oil From The Green Flash (Flintsfinest)