Platinum Girl Scout Cookies From The Honey Spot (LDog)
Beautiful pics of this Platinum GSC courtesy of LDog! –Tokeahontas
I got over the Cookie hype pretty quickly and nowadays I pretty much pass on any Cookies that cross my path. When I got word that the Honey Spot had some FIRE Cookies, I was a bit skeptical, but hopeful. I needed flowers and since the HS has a banging deal that comes along with the Fubar Membership, a few $35 8ths would make the trip well worth it. So I made the trip and when I get there I was pleased to see some hefty plump resinous nugs.
These nugs were a little chunkier than others (cookies) and were definitely denser. A lot of Cookies I come across are a touch wispy. The trichomes are plentiful and also milky. That beautiful frost accentuates the nugs’ green/purple hues and orange hairs nicely. A squeeze shows the density and also leaves a nice resinous coating on your fingers which might make breaking the buds down a little tricky, but the rigidness of the calyxes helps out a tad.
These Cookies have that sandy sawdust sweetness to them along with creeping hints of purple and spice. The smell is there but by no means is it a “loud” smelling strain. The more you smell it the more characteristics pop up, such as hints of pine and a little earthy potting soil. For the most part the aroma has a sweet, dusty, sawdust aroma that can’t be missed…. kind of reminds me of a Master Kush odor.
The stickiness of the nugs made rolling a uniform cone tricky, but I got’er done and sparked up a fatty for a nice marine layer morning toke. There were no troubles lighting the cone and the first drag was rich. It tasted just like the smell except for an earthy kush-like twist that happened to be smooth on the lungs. The sweet spiced sawdust flavor is airy on inhale but comes to life on exhale, leaving a nice slick of earthy tasty tones on the palate. Now to me, this doesn’t taste remotely like any kind of Cookie but the smoke was smooth and the flower had a good flush, so thumbs up.
I fell into the Cookie hype a while back but the effects were a little disappointing and it wasn’t the stoniest of medication. That being said, this Platinum Cut is a heavy hitter. It’s not the heaviest of the heavy hitters but it will have the core of your body straight chilling with the weighed down relaxed feeling the grows in the gut and spreads outward to the head and shoulders.
The body is hit first with a very chill– bordering sedative– stone and the mind kind of gets bogged down in a lull of laziness, but at times I felt remnants of a goofy stone that would come and go every twenty minutes or so. Man, I should have not smoked this in the morning, but anyways… When the comedown hit it put some lag in the head and body but it is not the day ender type of lag, so you are able to shake it off.
A hefty cone had me medicated for just under 2 hours.
The Honey Spot fubar deal is the SHIT and it allowed me to score this Platinum Cookies for a donation of $35… good deal huh. Granted, the membership is $50, but I have made up for that fee on my second trip. Well I could not be more pleased and this Platinum Cookies has kind of detour me from saying cookies is all hype, because there are some decent cuts out there that pack a nice medicating punch. This had me straight chilling and I as I recall I got the munchies as well, so if that’s your ideal way for your medication to work than this Platinum Cookies is right up your alley. –LDog
Recent Indica Reviews:
Meet The TEAM
- Thanks. Its really hard to say, but I would have to say Templar was better overall bud that MTF. Tem ... DawgDawg
- This was a rec purchase, but Livwell supports both rec and med patients. Its a chain with like 7 loc ... DawgDawg
- I've had/reviewed Wet Dream, Blue Dream Extreme/etc. All marketing imho. Probably the same here ... drums
- Sweet little review. Its funny how folks think if you didn't include live plant pics or details ... Twilights
- However the name grape krush is very confusing how about super blue dream like the name collectives ... Twilights
- Silver Haze X Lavender Honeycomb – Homemade (Mike-420)
- Deathstar Hard Sap – Homemade (Mike-420)
- Trainwreck Taffy – Homemade (Mike-420)
- Loompa Farms Exclusive Underdogg OG Peanut Butter Ear Wax Run by Kushits From Dabliveries (BipolarHighRoller)
- Jack Herer in Jack Herer Honey Oil From The Green Flash (Flintsfinest)