Soul Assassin OG From Private Dealer (LDog)
The name of this strain is intimidating! I feel like it’s going to knock me out! –Tokeahontas
I got a call from my dude that he had some OG that needed to be peeped out. Turns out he had some Soul Assassin OG that, according to the cat who grew it, is really a SFV OG cut instead of the Lemon Thai x OG Kush. I don’t know what the deal is with the genetics but the nugs are covered in glimmering trichomes and the calyxes are dense with dull orange hairs. I can say for certain the nugs look good. They are slightly dry yet still resinous.
The aroma is mild but fierce close to the stem and once a nug is broken a sharp pinesol/ammonia and lemon eucalyptus essence silently explodes. The odor has a minty quality to it along with a faint rubbery Chemdawg odor lurking in the finish that is a little rank, but rank in a good chemdawgy way.
The nugs nearly broke themselves down and with wand hot and ready I gave it a whirl and got a fat rip with very little effort. Inhale was not the slightest bit harsh or expansive and was very smooth and chalked full of flavor that tasted mostly of lemons at first then transitioned to a slightly sweet coffee finish with a dash of fresh earth. For such a large rip, my lungs were quite happy and I could already see white ash after one rip. The following tokes still had a good flavor with the coffee taste growing towards the end and from start until the finish, the rips were smooth. The great flavor called for two more slides of OG goodness.
After the first rip, I felt a sharp head change pierce my mind momentarily stunning my thoughts. It required a little recovery time to get back to focus after that. The head change was strong, making my eyes cower from bright lights, which stung light needles for a bit. Once I overcame the head rush I could feel a relaxing tingle spread through the limbs which in turn eliminated my back pain. The effects spread from head to toe and will cause some pressure in the temples and forehead that will go away after an hour and reveal a much more cerebral head high that lasted for a good 45 more minutes. The body effects seemed to lighten up after an hour and a half leaving a little drag that isn’t much and shouldn’t take you out. Comedown is mild.
3 slides had me good for just under 2 hours.
I gave my dude props for coming through with some proper nuggage and picked up a nice slice for me to smoke on. I don’t know what the deal is about the genetics but it made for good convo while smoked a jay. Anyways, this Soul Assassin OG was near FIRE! It was grown well, flushed well, and was mighty potent and tasty and my only complaint would be that the nugs were on the brittle side. Also the smell could have been more aromatic as you really have to break up the nug to truly gauge the dankness of the aroma. I chalk all that up to the nugs being a little old, but still very very DANK. –LDog
Recent Hybrid Reviews:
Meet The TEAM
- Ah, see, there's mass confusion about this (as you'll see in my review). That's Ogre ... drums
- Mean green thanks for the love. I've messed with a lot of auto flowers and as long as the ruder ... finehaze
- Drums I'm pretty sure ogre is master x bubba. I've had it a few times it's a classic ... finehaze
- Sounds great. Weird...I believe this is in the genetics of a strain that I just sent in a review of ... drums
- I snagged some of these as extras from an attitude order. Excellent review, looking forward to runni ... meangreenmartian
- Silver Haze X Lavender Honeycomb – Homemade (Mike-420)
- Deathstar Hard Sap – Homemade (Mike-420)
- Trainwreck Taffy – Homemade (Mike-420)
- Loompa Farms Exclusive Underdogg OG Peanut Butter Ear Wax Run by Kushits From Dabliveries (BipolarHighRoller)
- Jack Herer in Jack Herer Honey Oil From The Green Flash (Flintsfinest)