Collected Reclaim – Homemade (DleafSmoke)
Not going to lie, reclaim grosses me out. But I like the unique approach to this review, and the resourcefulness of reusing your reclaim in different ways. What do you guys do with it? –Tokeahontas
A very thick dark orange that has a very sappy wet tone. I can honestly say I have had some purple or outdoor nug runs not look as good as this. I was even tempted to dab it because it was just so shiny. Hints of red that I usually see in the CBD oils can be found in the first pic.
Pic 4 is a bag of large candy slabs, my original idea was to make them look like giant shatter patties, maybe it will work better next time
Absolutely no smell at all. During the purging stage some slight lemon whiffs could be found but once finished there was nothing.
No matter how good your reclaim looks if it has already been diffused through water I would not recommend dabbing it. This was all collected in my Squid rig so with no dry elbow to collect I wasn’t going to dab this stuff. It was processed into coconut oil– a step which isn’t needed but makes cooking with it easier.
I proceeded to attempt my 2nd batch of hard candy with a honey lemon flavor. Too much of both flavors found their way in and totally ruined the batch. It tastes like burnt lemons and the honey has a peanut butter effect making it stick to everything in your mouth. Luckily I threw a chunk into a tea and somehow beyond all odds there is a lemon smell but no taste at all. I am guessing that the milk and sugar that normally helps mute the bitter taste of tea is doing the same with the candy. Yay for medicated tea!
Much like most edibles, I found the fairly slow onset of a body high that really just had gotten started as I finished my mug of tea. The reclaim is from lemon haze/nyc diesel and og kush oil so it doesn’t have the total knockout effect the last 2nd run candies I made had. Drinking a tea is not enough to keep me going on its own so I would usually pair a cup with a dab to enjoy the effects a little quicker.
I mostly have my medicated tea at night after work between 9-11pm. By this time I have already dabbed but can clearly feel tea high kick in. If it’s early I find that the subtle stoniness lasts close to 4 hours. It isn’t enough to say ‘yes I am stoned’ but it is enough to keep my mind of my headache and give my knees a little relief.
I really wanted to show people what could be collected and used. People are always asking for cheap ways to smoke and I think many stoners could start using more of the plant than they currently do. I also find that cooking and experimenting with all the different things you can do with cannabis can be fun.
Some reclaim tips:
-> collect using 99%– remember that 70 contains some water
-> I do 2 alcohol washes to collect the most out of each piece
-> Domes and swings can also be cleaned and the reclaim kept, soak them in your dish before purging to collect
-> This can be eaten directly but isn’t recommended
-> I use 1oz of coconut oil for each gram of reclaim
-> Don’t use too much reclaim, it is still very potent. 1 gram is about 50-100 edible doses
I’d love to hear some other uses for reclaim, anyone have a staple “thing” they do? –Dleafsmoke
Recent Oil Reviews:
Meet The TEAM
- nobody wants to see the grow room, and nobody wants to know your secrets, but at least they want to ... m1ke
- you'll be seeing lots of new reviews by me this harvest season, and I promise I will include mo ... alzinzafer
- I live in the beautiful state of Maine and I'm currently growing this strain indoors. M.O.B. ha ... macsix
- thanks for another awesome review 1000toes. too bad the top buds in your area are so pricey and I wi ... m1ke
- Love the pics as always dude, shame it was so pricey meangreenmartian
- Deathstar Hard Sap – Homemade (Mike-420)
- Silver Haze X Lavender Honeycomb – Homemade (Mike-420)
- Trainwreck Taffy – Homemade (Mike-420)
- Loompa Farms Exclusive Underdogg OG Peanut Butter Ear Wax Run by Kushits From Dabliveries (BipolarHighRoller)
- Jack Herer in Jack Herer Honey Oil From The Green Flash (Flintsfinest)