Blue Raspberry Hard Candy – Homemade (Dleafsmoke)
This was Dleafsmoke’s first attempt at medicated candy, and I’ve got to say I’m impressed! Making hard candies like t his is really easy to screw up, but the end result looks great! –Tokeahontas
This was my first attempt and with that I had no idea how many molds to make ahead of time. After pouring my first molds I had to scramble to make some more molds before the candy set. With little time I made a few larger candy slab molds and let it set. I expected these to be blue but with the coloring of molasses it turned an awesome green. The outside is coated in icing sugar, reminding me of buying bulk candy as a kid.
Very sweet. I may have used a little too much blue raspberry flavoring so the batch smells like pure blue jello.
Strong raspberry taste with a very slight lingering hashyness. The longer you let it sit on your tongue the more intense the hashyness gets. I put a lozenge in with my tea instead of sugar and it had an almost “blueberry tea” flavor (the alcoholic drink not just blueberries).
Holy crap these pack a punch. I ate 2 small pieces about the size of a dime each at 1pm. It slowly set in and about 45 minutes later I was totally couch locked, not going anywhere and in a heavy lazy daze. I ended up giving up on video games and resorted to napping within 2.5 hours of eating the candy. I woke up 3 hours later and had a very couch locked stoney feeling that took another 2 hours to wear off. In the future I will be taking it easy on these during the day and using them for bad days and nighttime.
I have made edibles using butter several times and never really got anything from it. This candy totally blew me away with 8+ hour buzz on just 2 small pieces.
This was an experiment and a total success. I had a little over a half pound of nugs that had already been run. Using a giant tube I re-ran the material and ended up with 3 grams of dark caramel oil that I wouldn’t dab on the worst of days. After a heavy amount of researching I found that making a coconut oil tincture and then infusing candy would be a great way to use the BHO and hopefully smother the nasty taste it had. I will be continuing to save my run material for this purpose in the future. I am wondering if an unflavored batch would taste any good as I love to drink tea and this would be a great way to medicate.
Overall I am very happy with the candy, only a few little things will be changed next time around. –DleafSmoke
Recent Candy Reviews:
- Cheeba Chew Quad Sativa From D4L (Meangreenmartian)
- Trichome Tech Indica Lozenge From Elemental Wellness (Meangreenmartian)
- Paradise Candy Company Caramel Apple Ranchers From High Grade (Skunk22pw)
- Kiva Terra Espresso Bites From Elemental Wellness (Meangreenmartian)
- Sour Apple Kush Cavi-Taffy (200mg) From Private Dispensary (Meangreenmartian)
Must Try (EDIBLES):View All
Meet The TEAM
- Oh nice! If it was that cheap here I would have definitely snagged a zip. Hopefully medical will go ... LD420
- Looking fuego bro! I just got an eighth of this in my variety ounce from my buddies mmj shop in Seat ... Nadroj
- Any other Dam reviews coming Rhino420? meangreenmartian
- I'm going to start positive here and as the Martian noted above, great to get see gear from the ... m1ke
- Glad to see some other nuggetry heads reviewing Amsterdam gear. Greenhouse is pricey as shit these d ... meangreenmartian
- Deathstar Hard Sap – Homemade (Mike-420)
- Silver Haze X Lavender Honeycomb – Homemade (Mike-420)
- Trainwreck Taffy – Homemade (Mike-420)
- Loompa Farms Exclusive Underdogg OG Peanut Butter Ear Wax Run by Kushits From Dabliveries (BipolarHighRoller)
- Jack Herer in Jack Herer Honey Oil From The Green Flash (Flintsfinest)