Wicked Sands Oil Rig (DleafSmoke)
There were qualities of this piece that led to problems for Dleafsmoke. Check out this review if you’re considering buying some new glass! It’s hard to know just from looking at a glass piece, so getting first hand feedback is definitely helpful. –Tokeahontas
To be honest, after owning the rig I would put it more in the $99 range.
7.5 inches tall
3 inches wide
6 inches deep
8 slit cirq perc reinforced to bottom
14mm DI joint
5mm thick glass
Came with a clear circular dome
The rig was a comfortable size to travel with and was my daily driver for a few months.
I was pretty excited to see Wicked Sands at my local shop, as they are not usually into US scientific glass. They sell Toro but mainly stick with worked pieces for oil. Unfortunately, the shop had some newer worker bees that wouldn’t let me dry hit the rig before purchasing it even though I was a little skeptical. They gave me a new HE V3 nail for $30 so I couldn’t pass up on the good deal.
Unfortunately the piece has some major issues. The piece collectively creates for a terrible hit and almost guaranteed sip of water if you’re not careful. Basically, the perc is too big requiring too much water in the piece. The water then gets pulled into the mouthpiece. The mouthpiece has a pooling point near the joint that water is pulled into immediately. From there, the water is quickly pulled up the mouthpiece and all over you. This has happened to pretty much everyone who has hit it at some point.
The piece was very thick and had a sturdy solid base. The level of the dome was spot on and all the welds were very clean. I really wish that the function was more thought out in this piece. A smaller circ perc and differently angled mouthpiece would make this at least an A.
Wicked Sands recently released the newer version of this piece, they have replaced the 8 slit circ with a 4 slit fixed stem. They have not changed much about the mouthpieces including the pooling spot but with reduced diffusion you don’t seem to be able to get the water up the mouthpiece. It’s nice to see some development, I just need to hold back and wait for the v2 or 3 next time. –DleafSmoke
Meet The TEAM
- Also not sure if u have learned thru all your years of smoking, but just because a dealer claims thi ... DawgDawg
- Whatever you say man. But $320/oz in Boulder for any bud, no matter how great it, is absolutely absu ... DawgDawg
- That flavor description reminds me of Buddha's Sister from Soma which is loaded with awesome ch ... meangreenmartian
- yea man I wish it was a lighter shade for sure....glad that you flush that long. I wish more people ... meangreenmartian
- Organic herb has a grey ash a lot of the time* Twilights
- Silver Haze X Lavender Honeycomb – Homemade (Mike-420)
- Deathstar Hard Sap – Homemade (Mike-420)
- Trainwreck Taffy – Homemade (Mike-420)
- Loompa Farms Exclusive Underdogg OG Peanut Butter Ear Wax Run by Kushits From Dabliveries (BipolarHighRoller)
- Jack Herer in Jack Herer Honey Oil From The Green Flash (Flintsfinest)